05 January 2017

I COMMIT.



So I rang in the new year with an awesome "One Little Word" (more on that later), a huge list of Goals - mainly organization, and a desire to experience more of God's Love & Faithfulness.

2016 was eye-opening.

I was able to tap into some hidden treasures... it turns out I do have some inner strength, confidence and determination lying around.  It did take me tapping into God as a power-source, so I really cannot take any credit for it.  But it's wonderful to actually realize it.

I learned how to start the tearing down process of fear and to trust in the fact that I serve an awesome God, who continually proves His faithfulness and love.  Who works best when I surrender my worries and anxieties to Him, and know that His ways are better than any thing I can dream up.

I learned that the more I open my heart to loving people in general, and rid myself of the tall walls I've spent most of my adult life building, the more selfishly fulfilled I am in giving freely of my love; without looking to gain anything of it or expect anything in return.  This is something I've had to learn through studying the word and prayer.  This is something that doesn't necessarily come as second nature to some people, especially if/when they've felt used and lied to.  But it's vital in our spiritual walk, or else how will they know that this type of love exists?  Because although I may be leaving myself vulnerable to getting hurt, feeling abandoned by people I consider to be friends (but in their mind I'm just someone to say Hi to once in a while), it's God who will ultimately receive the glory in me sharing this unconditional love.  It's God who will take care of the empty spot in me that longs to be filled by interaction with people.  And it's God who determines and understands the need for reciprocated love and is always available to pour Himself into me.

This year I learned that I'm not as "perfect" or "put together" as I thought I was.  For instance - and this is just a quick example, because I'd like to tackle this topic in a later post - I'm not really a great mom.  Yeah, my kid is smart and cute (Kudos to my husband on his looks), but there were other areas of parenting I/we failed at.

I also learned, that no matter how broken, and self-righteous and insecure I am/was/is, I will always have the reassurance of One whose infinitely Perfect, ready to impart Grace, Merciful and what He declares about me in His word cancels what I think about me.

So this year I plan to share more about all I've learned, and I plan to share my inner most thoughts and feelings, in the hopes that it will spark an interest in this God that I serve and bring others to a point of complete surrender.



...is my One Little Word.  2013 was the first year I participated in this yearly activity... I never really purchased the kit that came along with this project, (until this year) and I have yet to set it up... (since it's been more important for me to complete my January goals).  But if you're interested in learning more, please click here or Google search it for yourself.  The founder and creator is Ali Edwards, who also created December Dailying, which I also participate in, which I also am way behind on since I've been so busy living and organizing and not making time to craft.
So this year I COMMIT:
- To reading at least 1 book each month.  (any recommendations?)
- To spending weekly time with myself and for myself.
- To making healthier choices when it comes to food.
- To sharpening my parenting skills.
- To being a better wife and friend.
- To walking and exercising.
- To another 21 Day Fast.
- To saving money.
- To bible study.
- To this blog.
What's your OLW?
x0, d

No comments:

Post a Comment