20 August 2018

H20

In having a conversation with a group of women about the validity of the bible, the following came to mind.  "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink".  You may have heard or read the term; which I consider it to be true in all aspects of life, especially in our spiritual walk.

There will always be a horse, that will combat truth.
He will say, "Sure I see water, but who put it there?  I can't trust the source."
or, "Well yeah, I see water, but it looks like it may have been contaminated."
or how about, "I'm not entirely sure I see water, but if it is there, let it splash my face so I can believe it's truly there."
That horse will will neither drink, and not allow anyone else to drink.
That horse will stand his ground and risk being satisfied, all because of unbelief.

But then there's the open hearted and open minded horse.
Who will say, "I'm so thankful for this water."
And, "I've been thirsting for such a long time, I hope it never runs out."
As well as, "If it had not been for this water, I'd be dehydrated and nearing death."
That horse will not only drink and be satisfied, but share what he has discovered.
That horse will be replenished, filled and enjoy his life thereafter.

Sure, this small created parable may seem silly and childish, but how do we measure up against the "YAY or NAY" scale?  Are we all in, expecting and believing & receiving?  Or will we walk around the same circle looking for the very thing that's right in front of us, but not partaking in because we're afraid, or in disbelief or opposed to?

How does our spiritual walk compare?
We can either choose to believe that the entire word of God is God breathed and Holy Spirit inspired, or decide that we will only accept parts or none of it.  Whatever our decision, the outcome (our faith, our tranformation, our blessings) will be a direct result of that.

Are you "Yay" or "Neigh"?




x0, d

No comments:

Post a Comment